Basset Momma was kind enough to give us the Versatile Blogger award, for which I would like to thank her here! It's taken me a few days to be able to get to addressing it, but I was super excited!
Here is how accepting the award works.
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Pass the award onto 15 bloggers
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here goes!
1. Violet's "paper" name is "No Shrinking Violet."
2. Eric and I met on a blind date, at Starbucks. He ended up proposing at the same Starbucks a year later, in the middle of the night, when the Starbucks was closed, at the same outside table we sat at when we met.
3. Violet has a song. It goes, "My name is Violet. And I'm a Collie. Gonna be a Collie. For the rest of myyyy liiife." It has a very catchy tune.
4. I have a very eclectic list of favorite non-Collie dog breeds. It includes: Doberman Pinschers (my all-time, tied-for-number-one favorite that I've loved since I was a teenager), German Shepherds (though Piper was our last), Afghan Hounds (from what I understand they are not the sharpest tools in the shed but they are just so damn beautiful), Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (of all things - I'm not a small dog person!), Irish Setters, Borzois, Greyhounds, Whippets, and Italian Greyhounds (can you tell I love sighthounds?).
5. I had my wrist ripped open by a Schnauzer named Moses as a child. I still have a pretty noticeable scar, and a general aversion to most bearded dogs, though I can come to like them on a case-by-case basis.
6. I grew up conformation showing dachshunds.
7. Violet came from Kentucky. She does not, however, speak with an accent.
And here are the 15 blogs... (Very carefully selected!)
1. Two Collies and a Mutt, where Violet's must-be-long-lost-sister Petal the Collie steals the show, and Lassie the Collie and Ella the Mutt are dignified and adorable, respectively.
2. Two Dogs, One Camera, Priceless Moments, is what the title implies - two Border Collie Mixes, Riley and Grace, and some really gorgeous pictures.
3. Two Greyhound Town is a hilarious blog by Joey and Scout the Greyhounds who love to make me laugh.
4. The Dogs of Greenhill Farm is a just gorgeous blog about Sprollies and Border Collies Teddy, Pip, Sheila, Ben, Fly, and some sheep. Read it for the dogs, read it for the photography (which is stellar), read it for Teddy's adorable face, read it for the sheep.
5. Sims 2 Stories by Lorelei is a frequent oddball in my lists of mostly dog blogs, but these are some seriously well-written and awesome Sims 2 stories, if you're into that, and an exceptionally nice lady who writes them. I highly recommend it. (It has an "adult content" warning, but it seems to be more of a thoughtful warning for adult themes of marriage, infidelity, etc. - it's not a bunch of naked people!)
6. 4 Dog Craziness is a Sheltie blog with some really, really pretty Shelties-in-nature shots and cool agility blogs.
7. My Life with Flyball Dogs is a blog that I started following because I think that flyball is very cool, and it's become one of my favorite photography blogs. There are some very original, fun, funny, beautiful, and personality-filled photos in this blog.
8. Basset Momma is the blog that gave me this award, and a definite don't-miss. Fred and Gloria the Bassets are droopy, floppy, hilarious, photogenic - check it out.
9. BCxFour + 1 More is the blog to read if you ever want to see some stunning photos of Border Collies working, and funny to boot.
10. Crazy Coulee and Little Lacey is, alongside My Life with Flyball Dogs, one of my favorite photography blogs. If you're into photography, it is well worth checking out. Really stunning photos.
11. Dream Dogz is a great blog about Mika the Schnauzer and Wall-E the Sheltie that has it all: cool dogs, agility, great pictures.
12. Emergivet is another diversion from the overall theme of the blogs on this list, by an emergency veterinarian in Somewhere, North America. After six years in veterinary medicine (and emergency was always my favorite) and a painful decision to leave, this blog lets me get my fix.
13. Eva the Sheltie follows the really remarkably beautiful Eva, and yet more great photography.
14. Going For 'Good Dog!' follows a mini Aussie, two Border Collie mixes, a sweet German Shepherd puppy, and the beautiful, never forgotten, Bella. You're tuning in at just the right time to watch little Simi grow up! Who could pass that up?
15. Identity: V + E is about the truly brilliant Elli and her remarkable trainer. If you ever want to feel like you need to step your training game up and pick up some ideas on how to do it, stop by. Elli is one cool dog.
Thank you again, Basset Momma! :)